Probably their death news never gets more than a dozen of views in online news sites or blogs. Most of the times their names are not revealed from the MEDIA and they are just mentioned as that celebrity or that dignitary bodyguard who was killed…. But they are people like us, with families, people with dreams that their life ended because of their professional risk level. I have heard it many times ‘’Well he got what he was after it….if you want to get paid well you risk your life’’……
No matter what others out of our profession think about us, close protection is not that well paid job, basically no job in the world can pay your life. We are not police officers or military, we are hired to protect someone’s life and welfare. That’s our job and many of us are doing it not because of the money. But because is what we love to do and what we know to do best.
I started this article and will continue to update it with names and information over fallen close protection operatives who lost their lives due to their profession. No matter who their client were, what nationality or political beliefs they had, they were their clients, and those fallen were protecting them.
– May, 2012, Quintos (32 years old), De Lima bodyguard, who was also a member of the DOJ’s Intelligence Service Operations Group (Isog) was found dead in Bulacan with a gunshot wound in the chest and his service firearm was missing. De Lima has ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to conduct a parallel investigation with the police as she considered Quintos’ killing a threat to her own safety (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/191973/de-lima-bodyguard-shot-dead-in-bulacan).
– July, 2011, Southern Soudan Minister Jimmy Lemi Millahas been shot dead along his bodyguard inside his ministry building in Juba (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12403620).
– July, 2012, Baghdad, a bodyguard of Iraq’s Shia Vice President Khudair al-Khuzaie was Saturday shot dead in an attack. An interior ministry official said that unidentified gunmen shot down the bodyguard in Baghdad’s central district of Karrada (http://www.firstpost.com/fwire/iraqi-vice-presidents-bodyguard-shot-dead-386149.html).
– June, 2012, Bodyguard Geovanni Legaspi Dumaraos was declared dead on arrival at the hospital after he run in an ambush with his client Reynaldo dela Torre Paras a member of Laguna board who survived the attack (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/208445/laguna-board-member-hurt-bodyguard-killed-in-ambush).
– May, 2012, Pablico Redoque died of multiple gunshot wounds all over his body, he was the bodyguard of Ilocos Sur Vice Mayor Jesus Bueno Jr. Police are investigating if the incident is linked to the victim’s affiliation with the Santa vice mayor (http://beta.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/05/02/12/ilocos-vice-mayors-bodyguard-killed).
– October, 2011, bodyguard was shot dead in a gun battle involving opposing factions of the Sri Lankan ruling party during Saturday’s local council elections in the capital, police said. He was serving Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra, former lawmaker and advisor to the president, who also died (http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/world/asia/presidential-aide-bodyguard-killed-sri-lanka-254)
– February, 201, Moscow – An attempt to murder the president of the breakaway Georgian province of Abkhazia left one bodyguard dead and three seriously injured. A roadside bomb detonated as a column of vehicles carrying Ankvab and his entourage passed along a road near (http://news.monstersandcritics.com/europe/news/article_1692226.php/Attack-on-leader-of-breakaway-Georgia-province-kills-bodyguard).
– May, 2012, Iraq.A bodyguard working for one of the main parties in Iraq’s Sunni-backed Iraqiya bloc, which has clashed politically with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, was killed. Latif Ramadan Jassim was on duty near the headquarters of the Wifaq (Accord) party in Zeitun, west Baghdad, when he was stabbed to death (http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2012/May-02/172100-iraq-party-bodyguard-stabbed-to-death-officials.ashx#axzz25bhwVqYm).
– August, 2012, Yemen. Gunmen strafed the car of Yemeni information minister Ali Ahmed al-Amrani with bullets, killing his bodyguard, but the official was not in the vehicle at the time (http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/RestOfAsia/Bodyguard-killed-in-attack-on-Yemeni-minister/Article1-907426.aspx).
– January, 2012. CATARMAN, Northern Samar—Communist killed the bodyguard of the town mayor and fleeing with firearms seized from a small police force that was caught flat-footed by the attack (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/132557/mayor%E2%80%99s-bodyguard-killed-in-npa-raid-on-northern-samar-town).
– February, 2006, 29-year-old Israel Ramirez was shot once in the chest as he stood outside a Brooklyn, New York, warehouse where stars including Rhymes, 50 CENT, MARY J BLIGE, MISSY ELLIOTT and G-UNIT rapper LLOYD BANKS had gathered to shoot a promo (http://www.hiphopgalaxy.com/busta-rhymes-bodyguard-shot-dead-hip-hop-3456.html).
– July, 2011, MANILA, Philippines,Isko Moreno’s bodyguard shot dead.The victim, identified as Jonathan Ignacio, was shot by a man who suddenly entered his house on Prudentia Street, Tondo, Manila.The victim was sleeping with his live-in partner, Vanesa Dabuet, and his 3-year-old son when the incident happened (http://rp1.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/07/07/11/isko-moreno%E2%80%99s-bodyguard-shot-dead).
– May, 2012, Sheikh Ahmed Abdul Wahed and his bodyguard were killed by gunfire after failing to stop at the LAF checkpoint in Kwaykhat. Sheikh Ahmed was heading to the rally held by the partisans of MP Khaled Daher to commemorate the memory of the May 7 victims (http://www.lbcgroup.tv/news/31150/sheikh-abdul-wahed-and-bodyguard-killed-laf-establ).
– May, 2012, Bogota,A bomb targeting a Colombian former interior minister has killed two of his bodyguards and injured at least 39 people in Bogota (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/16/bogota-bomb-kills-two-bodyguards).
Athena Academy Founder